On the banks of the Berg River midway between the towns of Paarl and Wellington in South Africa’s renowned wine region stands a Cape Dutch cottage circa 1784. The early communities in the region referred to it as De Jooden Tempel. History reveals that the first Jewish traders operating between the farms and villages in the valley used it as a convenient place for Shabat.
Today, some two hundred years later, this original dwelling is home to Tempel Wines.